Monday, April 11, 2016

Welcome Home


I don't know about you.....
but I get RATHER EXCITED
when I get the opportunity to shop at
Here in Northern New Hampshire...
we have no crafty stores!


So, when on a recent little escape to South Carolina,
my love was a dear to take me to one of their stores!

Now, I knew I had a box of samples coming from Momemta....
sooo WHAT TO BUY???

I was looking through the "wood" products
and found the perfect plaque
which I thought would make a GREAT welcome sign...
now to find the perfect "welcome"!
I searched high and low and FOUND IT!

I purchased other embellies for my sign
The Paper Source Mixed Media Flowers and Burlap
and a "natural" Picket Fence
Once home....I couldn't wait to see what was in my
"Creative Box" from Momenta!
Various Adhesive Stencils and
Semi Gloss Paint.

LET THE CREATIVITY BEGIN!
I began by painting the Wooden Plaque 
I was impressed, the "opaque" paint coated in one layer!
I accented the edges with
Momenta's Semi~Gloss White Paint.


I then chose one of Momenta's Adhesive Stencils for the background.
I marked the stencil to match the arch.


Once trimmed to fit, a pressed the stencil onto the background.
I put a bit of White Paint on a sponge
and dabbed over the stencil.


I pulled of the stencil and let the paint dry.
I then lined the stencil up and
dabbed on more paint,
until I had the design I desired.


I then pulled out the "Natural" fencing I had purchased
and dabbed on white paint.
Because of the thickness of the paint,
it created GREAT texture!!


I then pulled out the Mixed Media flowers I had purchased
and with a bit of water,
"colored" these little beauties. 


When dry, I pulled a few "threads" from the 
Mixed Media Burlap and adhered the flowers.


Now for the "WELCOME"
I painted on a layer Gold paint.


I used the Mixed Media Burlap to create a "garden" look.


.....and ended up with a very "SPRING" inspired Welcome Sign!

Here are a few close~ups of my sign.




I hope you enjoyed my visit to Hobby Lobby,
as much as I did!!


Thanks BUNCHES for stopping by!
Hope you have a CREATIVE DAY!

2 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Gorgeous Lynne!!!

Catherine Scanlon said...

I love how this turned out Lynne, thank you for creating an easy to follow tutorial and beautiful project for us!