Monday, November 2, 2015

I can be CHANGED.....

I like to be CHALLENGED...
I like to step outside of my creative box....
on this project I did JUST THAT!


I received my inspiration after discovering
the online flower delivery company BloomNation.
While popping around their website I came across their
Pinterest page and ALL THE beautiful boards.
Y'all know my LOVE FOR FLOWERS!

I perused their board ~ Home Inspiration
and created my own Inspiration Board.
I wanted this to be a BIG canvas,
but honestly it SCARED ME!
So, I went to my art journal to try my ideas out.
You can check out my blog post here.


I had to rethink my flowers as they are from
The Crafter's Workshop ~ Daily Buzz stencil
and wouldn't be large enough for my 16 x 20 canvas.


I knew exactly what I wanted to use!
I had recently purchased
Fabric Quarters and Gauze Fabric which were just PERFECT
for the idea I had rattling around in my head!


I created my own pattern and cut the flowers
and colored the fabric flowers with


The paint stiffened the fabric but not enough to my liking,
so I painted on a layer of Ranger ~ Multi Medium
to the back side of the flowers.
I dried, crumpled and created a pom pom centers
from various Canvas Corp Brands ~ Jute for my flowers.


I then cut various leaf shapes from the Fabric Elements ~ Gauze
and colored the fabric with
I attached the colored leaves to Paper Covered Wire with
Stem Wrap Tape purchased from Joann Fabric.


The background on my canvas was created by applying a layer of
vintage McCall magazine pages with Multi Medium.
I then applied a layer of Gesso,
followed by randomly placed bricks created with
The Crafter's Workshop ~ Brick stencil


I finished off my canvas with a quote that speaks
deeply to my heart!

I hope you have enjoyed my creative journey
I KNOW I DID!!
Thank you the flower delivery company
 BloomNation for the opportunity to be
inspired by your Pinterest board
and for pushing my creative boundaries!

Playing along with The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and ARTastic Challenge

PRODUCTS USED:
Shimmering Matte Acrylic Paint


Bricks
Believe Script

Fabric Quarters


Burlap Blossoms x 4 ~ Green
Burlap Blossoms x 4 ~ Ivory
Burlap Blossoms x 11 ~ Ivory
Mini Pearl Daisies ~ Pistachio


20 comments:

Caroline D. said...

Beautiful!! 16x20 really IS big! LOL

Dee in N.H. said...

G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!!!!!! Love how it looks finished as I was in love with it before you did the finishing touches.

Lisa Kettell said...

Love this. Thanks so much for sharing! :-)

Jane said...

This is lovely Lynne - you have obviously put so much care and effort into this piece and the result is beautiful. If you want to enter the challenge on ARTastic then you do need to mention us with a link back to our site in your blog post.

Anna Uhras said...

Beautiful !!! Love that quote/saying I may have to borrow it some day;) Please do the link back to ARTastic as Jane mention we would LOOOVE to have you playing along with us at ARTastic :)
Anna :)

Candy C said...

Oh Lynne...I remember your flowers from our Simon Says Stamp DT days together. They were always so beautiful and if it's possible, they are even more so. Your art is so feminine and so beautifully done. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.

Elaine said...

Love it. Love the brick background, the colours you have used, the flowers and the saying is beautiful. Well done on a great canvas. Thank you for joining in with ARTastic.

Dolly B said...

Oh my gosh this is just so lovely. I love how you made your flowers, they look Fabulous ! and I am loving all the texture. Thank you for joining in at ARTastic and I hope you join in our challenges again.
Mary

Deb said...

This is gorgeous. The colours, the flowers, the texture.......beautiful. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.

Jo said...

A stunning piece of artwork and great use of flowers for this challenge. Thanks for playing along at ARTastic :)

Nicola Jayne Saul said...

Stunning, love the textures. Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place, Nicola X

Lizzy Hill said...

What beautiful texture and depth you've achieved on your canvas....looove your flowers! Thanks so much for sharing with us at ARTastic this month!!!

Vickie Y said...

What a gorgeous project; the flowers are beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics.

reclaimed wood dining table uk said...

What a wonderful work of art! Beautiful!

Donna B. said...

Wow, that is a stunning canvas! I love the textures and colors. Thanks so much for joining us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Pon Malar said...

Stunning art, colorful & pretty ♥♥ love all that texture ♥

Unknown said...

Lovely canvas. Thanks for sharing with ARTastic.

Helene Bogren said...

This is so Beautiful!!! Thanks for plaing along with us at ARTastic!

memorial garden benches said...

Oh wow! That's very artistic! A stunning piece of artwork. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

lyyyynnnnnnneeeee!!!!! do you know how excited i am to see you playing along in my challenge?!!?! you created something BEAUTIFUL, as only you could do! your flowers are stunning. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

-Rachel
rwkrafts.com